Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Projects from the Heart

My version of the Tree of Life. I used aluminum wire for the basic frame of the necklace. Copperwire as the trunk and branches. Amber colored chips as leaves. This project was a hit and miss for a few minutes then I settled for the look that I wanted.

When my cousin Meg saw the pictures, she had it reserved right away. Glad that she liked it. Give me a picture Meg once you wear it. :)


This piece is my version of the Bird's Nest. I had a difficult time making this baby but when it was done, I had a big smile on my face! It was small (circumference of a 1 peso coin) and I had to manually make my coils. I used fresh water pearls as eggs. The earrings though really made the work a tedious task. But hey...it wouldn't yield a satisfying result if it weren't for the nitty gritty things. :)




Ah this piece...is my first freehand piece. I call it Morning Glory. I had fun twisting and making curves of the aluminum wire. When I got "the look" it was time to "sew" the beads on it. It took me about an hour to finish this. Not bad for a freehand piece. :)



Enjoy!



No comments: