Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Got Sketch?

I found a great Flipina scrapper over the internet about three years ago. Valerie Salmon is from Carmel, Indiana, USA. A shoe designer by profession, she now designs and creates beautiful scrapbook pages, cards and projects. Valerie and I became friends instantly and have shared and exchanged numerous emails.

Her works and projects have been published in many scrapbooking magazines. Among them were Memory Makers, Creating Keepsakes, Scrapbooks, Etc., Simple Scrapbooks and Paperkuts. Valerie have also been featured in the idea book, 'Ask the Masters' which came out about a year ago.

In spite of Valerie's enormous talent and successes, she still finds time to share her talent through her online classes at Got Sketch? and at Scrapbooks, Etc's Take a Class. And since I became Val's instant fan, I tried my luck with her Sketch 1 [ 8 Months Apart] and Sketch 2 [Enjoy Life]. My interpretation of her Sketch 2 even became 'Layout of the Day' at Scrapjazz.com Yay!!!

Sketch 1




Sketch 2




Since I became addicted to another craft (beading), I have totally set aside my scrapbook stuff and enthusiasm. Hopefully with Valerie's Got Sketch?, I might be able to get my groove again and start scrapping soon!



No comments: